I just realize that because I so rarely post on this blog (and I am trying to remedy that!) I never posted about the triathlon this summer. To keep it short, we trained, we raced, and we finished! And not too shabbily, either. It was a great day, and now we are at least talking about training for another one this summer. Any family or friends are welcome to join us. I would recommend two books that I really enjoyed reading beforehand and found very motivating: The Idiots Guide to Triathlon Training, and The Big Fat Triathlete.
So I am posting today to say that I went swimming this morning and it was hard! And that was just the warm-up. Honestly, the muscles in my arms need me to swim about three times a week in order to stay in working order (i.e. able to swim for a while without succumbing to fatigue)...but I definitely have too much going on to swim that often per week. So...we'll see. At least once a week is on the calendar for now, with a couple other days of weight lifting per week. My arms will just have to make do with that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Hannah! Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. If you get a chance, do you think you could allow RSS subscriptions? I usually read blogs in an RSS feed (no, I don't quite know what that means).
In blogger, go to Settings, then Site Feed (near the top of the page), and select either "short" or "full," instead of "none." Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Settings". It won't allow anyone who you don't want to read your blog to do so, it just allows people you've invited to read it in a Reader.
Thanks again!
Sure Donal, I did what you asked...let me know if it doesn't work.
Post a Comment