Saturday, February 17, 2007

Missing My Favorite Guy



Today is the third day in a row that I will go all day without seeing Brendan (my DH). He had a meeting on Thursday and got home late, on Friday morning he had to be at a job site by 8, evening he attending the Amazing Grace Charismatic Conference and got home REALLY late...left for the conference again this morning by 8, and will come home around 8 this evening. However, I leave before dawn tomorrow for a week visiting my sister Emily and friend Jane in San Francisco... I am REALLY looking forward to it, as a much needed time of rest and relaxation, especially after being cooped up with kids for a few days (Lucy being sick meant we couldn't leave the house). But I really miss Brendan, and now I will have to miss him for another week. How do people do it with husbands who travel all the time or are in the military? It makes me really appreciate our life together, and the time we get to spend with each other and our kids. I think they are missing him right now too...but even though Gene is old enough to communicate well, he never talks about missing anyone, and never seems upset when they are gone. We'll see how he feels after I get back next week...

No comments: