

Hard to believe my last post was in May...since then we have HAD A BABY and she is now 4 months old- Jane Colette Cousino. She is great...smiley, sleeps well, eats fairly well, and an all-around good baby.
As for the rest of the family, we are all going stir-crazy. It's January, too cold to play outside much, and we're stuck at home so Jane can nap. That is my choice, to have her take good long naps instead of going out and have her take short car naps. But it makes the older kids and I rather restless.
No, I'll rephrase that. I am going CRAZY, and feel like I'm suffocating sometimes. I walk around the house picking up toys and refereeing squabbles, feeding kids and putting them down for naps. And back in their beds when they wake up too early (6 am this morning- what were they thinking! All three of them!) I get all the basics done, but that's it. The basics. Food, laundry, an occasional book-reading session. What about cleaning? What about exercise? What about quality time- with anybody?
I know this will change as it gets warmer and we can get outside. Jane won't sleep as much, and all in all at least parts of life will be easier. I am thinking of this part of my life as the great Hibernation...though we can't just sleep through it. And I don't want to sleep through it. The kids are fun (well, when they aren't cranky). Gene is 4 and learning more about letters, on the verge of reading. Lucy is 2 and just learning everything. I love being with them, it's finding the time to do it that's the challenge.
1 comment:
i'm definitely stir crazy too... winter makes me feel stuck inside... but hey, seed catalogs are starting to arrive so i'm sure spring will arrive sometime :D
Post a Comment